Smoothie Bowl of the Week: 8.8.2018

Today's smoothie bowl is very dear to my heart and one of the reasons I fell in love with Brazil, the people and the food.

Enter the acai bowl. Now, acai in the US is expensive, but worth it because it lasts a long time. Additionally, acai is native to the Amazon which basically means acai is full of special powers. Doctors call these special powers "antioxidants," but try some and I swear you feel magic.

Also my diet of acai bowls and redbull is how I lost 14 pounds working for the FIFA World Cup...

Too lazy to make your own? 

The best acai bowl I found in the world is in Fortaleza, Brazil at a place called "Natural Leve." Go there.

If you're confined to the continental US:
SF: Basik Acai is the place to hit. 
Denver: the corner beet makes their acai bowls with coconut milk, so us allergy kids can enjoy
DC:JRINK - last time I checked, they still make their acai bowls with almond milk, so if you carry an epi pen like me, watch out!
Ohio: Robeks actually nails this, so check.it.out.

But if you're feeling motivated, here's what you need:


Ingredients:
1 Packet of Sambazon Acai
1/2 Cup of Fruit of Choice (recommend mango or strawberry)
1 Sliced banana
1/2 Cup of granola 
Honey





Comments

Popular Posts